Chasing Away Those January Blues
Published on 16 January 2018
1. Our best-selling show of all time, The Scouse Nativity closed last weekend. Tears have been shed, sets dismantled and more importantly, the cast finally had a weekend off. We are going to need one hell of a bookshelf for the storybook.
2. Reopening the café in the foyer. We’re taking it back to our roots by renaming it ‘Cafe38’ and will be serving the holy trinity of goods; hot coffee, tasty cakes and soup to warm even the coldest of hearts.
3. ABD’s production of childhood classic Her Benny takes centre stage at the end of the month. Expect tears of joy, sadness and just about every other emotion you can muster. Tickets are priced from £13 and can be booked on our website or by phoning Box Office on 0151 709 4321.
4. Our Community Education Manager Miriam is teaming up with renowned writer Maurice Bessman to launch ‘Boisterous Theatre Company’, a company dedicated to supporting, producing and raising the profile of black actors and productions.
5. Our first touring production of the year, Judy & Liza begins rehearsals at the studio and will embark on a four month tour across the UK from the beginning of February. The Court will be represented across the UK!
6. Our first Heritage tour of 2018 kicked off this week and was fully booked! All of you heritage and history buffs better get your spot reserved for the next one (8 Feb) as it’s looking like a sell-out tour too. You can book tickets here.
7. It’s business as usual next door at the Courtyard Bar & Kitchen. They have had some wonderful news recently, being named as the 5th best restaurant in Liverpool according to OpenTable. Congratulations guys! They are serving up a storm of small plates, platters and some tasty cocktails to wash it all down. You can view the menu and make a reservation here.
8. Our 80th birthday celebrations begin! We’ve got a whole year of events lined up to celebrate the fact that we have been open since 1938, starting with the opening of Cafe38. Keep your eyes peeled for more information.
9. We will be putting the finishing touches to our brand new venue downstairs at the Court and scheduling shows for the next few months. It’s very exciting!
10. Our shiny new programme is nearly finished and ready to be delivered to a shop/hotel/café/community centre near you.
Phew, just when you think January is going to be a quiet one. You know what, we wouldn’t have it any other way.