Theatre Box Office Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions:
“Management” means Royal Court Liverpool, its representatives, servants and employees; “Theatre” means the Management’s theatrical venues in Great Britain.
1. All tickets are sold subject to availability and subject to these terms and conditions (copy available upon request).
2. Upon purchase, please check your tickets carefully as mistakes cannot be rectified.
3. Save as stated below, the Management regrets that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. The Management cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost, destroyed or stolen. Please note that in any event, no cash refunds will be given.
4. The ticket holder has the right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket. Where seats of a lesser value only are available due to no fault of the Management, the Management shall compensate ticket holders affected to a maximum of the difference between the cost of the seats.
5. Tickets bought by telephone or online will be posted out (if requested) no later than one week prior to the show. The Management cannot be held responsible for tickets not arriving by post.
6. If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the Management, promoter or one of their authorized sub-agents, it will become voidable and the ticket holder may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Theatre without refund.
7. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Where the Management believes that tickets are being sold on in breach of clause 5 above, it reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
8. All ticket discounts are subject to limited availability and the discretion of the Management. Only one discount per ticket may apply. Valid ID may be requested where applicable.
9. Where a performance is sold out, the Management will endeavour to resell any unwanted tickets at the ticket holder’s request. Such tickets will be resold at face value and the original ticket purchaser or holder (as appropriate) will be reimbursed the face value of the ticket less an administration charge. Please note cash refunds will not be given.
10. Tickets are sold subject to the Management’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. Circumstances beyond reasonable control include but are not limited to act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, storm, strike or other industrial action, acts or regulations of national or local governments or power failure.
11. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
12. If a performance is cancelled, ticket holders will be offered seats at alternative performances (subject to availability) up to the face value of the tickets. The Management shall have no further liability to ticket holders beyond the face value of the ticket purchased plus the relevant per ticket booking fee. Tickets may only be refunded to the person who purchased the tickets.
13. Other than babes in arms, only customers holding a valid ticket may be admitted to the Theatre.
14. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
15. Defaced or altered tickets or passes may become void and the Management reserves the right to refuse admission without refund.
16. The Management reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances and is entitled to conduct security searches of persons and property to ensure the safety of all patrons at the Theatre.
17. The Management reserves the right to remove from the Theatre, without refund, any ticket holder who disrupts other audience members’ enjoyment.
18. Ticket holders may only leave and then re-enter the Theatre during a performance as required by the Theatre’s health and safety obligations or at the discretion of the Management.
19. For health and safety reasons, the Management reserves the right to restrict access to parts of the Theatre.
20. Ticket holders are asked to provide prior notice when booking of any special requirements.
21. Children (ages 2 to 15 inclusive) shall require their own ticket which shall be at full ticket price if no child concessions are available at the time of booking. Babes in arms (children under 2 years) shall be admitted free of charge to those shows they may attend (children’s shows and pantomimes only). Parents and/or supervisors are responsible for supervising children in their care at all times and supervision of children shall be by not less than 1 adult per 10 children. The Management reserves the right to ask parents / supervisors to remove children if, in the opinion of the Management, they are causing a disturbance.
22. The following are not permitted within the Theatre: smoking (unless within designated smoking areas (if any)); unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment of any kind (tapes, films or similar may be confiscated and destroyed); laser pens; dogs (except guide dogs); and ticket holders’ own food and drink, cans or glass containers. If any of these rules are breached the Management reserves the right to remove ticket holders from the Theatre without refund.
23. The Management (and, where applicable, the promoter) accepts no responsibility for any personal property brought into the Theatre. Please ensure that no bags or other items of personal property are left unattended anywhere in the Theatre.
24. In accordance with the Theatre’s licensing requirements ticket holders shall not be permitted to stand or sit in any of the gangways intersecting the seating or any of the other gangways in the Theatre.
25. Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
26. Ticket holders must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and Theatre regulations whilst attending the event.
27. Ticket holders are advised that official merchandise is usually only available inside the Theatre. The Management, however, cannot accept any responsibility for the sale of merchandise (official or otherwise) in or outside the Theatre.
28. Breach of any of these conditions or anything that the Management considers to be unacceptable behaviour which may cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable the Management to remove the ticket holder from the Theatre without refund.
29. Except to the extent the Management is required or permitted by law, personal information provided by you to the Management will be used for all purposes reasonably connected with the operations of the Theatre including (but not limited to): supplying you with the goods that you request; conducting market research and establishing customer profiles; transferring or disclosing the information provided to other companies, to its professional advisors and such other parties as the Management considers necessary in the administration of its business. The Management regards its databases of information (which will include your information) as a valuable asset. Should the Management sell or transfer any of its business assets this may include such databases of information. The Management will not use or disclose your personal information to any other party or for any other reason other than as set out in these terms and conditions without your prior consent. By purchasing a ticket you consent to the use of your personal information in this way. If you have any queries about this, please write to the Management at the Theatre.
30. Unless you inform us otherwise, by purchasing a ticket or tickets you authorise the Management to use personal details obtained in the course of the transaction to: provide details of forthcoming events, offers and services; provide up-dates as to the latest concessions or any changes thereto; provide information concerning competitions and other promotional activity.
31. Save in the case of death or personal injury caused by the Management’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation the Management’s liability shall be limited to the face value of tickets purchased by any person bringing a valid claim. The Management shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or liable for any delay or non-performance or for the consequences of any delay or non-performance which is due to any cause beyond its reasonable control of which it has notified ticket holders.
32. To the fullest extent permissible in law, the Management shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions.
33. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these terms and conditions valid or enforceable.
34. These terms and conditions and the ticket constitute the entire agreement between the parties. Any variation of these terms and conditions must be in writing signed by the parties.
35. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.